Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Spencer and I love being home owners. We love having a place of our own--to make our own. No matter how much we love it however, being a homeowner comes with its share of work and responsibility. This week for example:

-We found that we have a mole in our grass
-Our flowering hibiscus tree is tropical so we had to uproot it for the winter and bring it in
-We found out that our lot isn't as big as we thought it was--yes we got what we paid for, but our builder put grass on a bunch of our neighbors lot because of a mix up with the lot stakes. We have to uproot and move two of our fruit trees.
-Our shower is leaking.

Ahhhh, the joys of owning. I wonder what will happen next week?

3 comments:

Lant Family said...

Thanks for making me feel happy about renting! Even when I figure out how much we have spent so far on apartments since we have been married. Oh my.

Mark said...

I can't believe you have to dig up your trees. Bummer. You do have a beautiful home, though.

Maren

Valerie Chandler said...

Ugh.

That was a mean trick to plant grass in no man's land....