Monday, January 18, 2010

Words from my kidos. . .

Jackson:
Mom is tomorrow my birthday? No.
When is my birthday? June 4th in 6 months.
How old will I be? 4.
Than do I get baptized? No, you get baptized when you are 8.
Do I get a spinner ring? You get that when you get married.

Annie: (in response to Jackson's questions)
Our whole family will get spinner rings when we get married, when we come for Christmas.
I am going to get married at Christmas time.

A week later I did a Family Home Evening on getting baptized. They had just seen their cousin Grant get baptized and some friends from church. I used a bottle of water and talked about making bad choices. Every time we mentioned a bad choice I would add a drop of food coloring. I told them that when we are baptized the water washes away our bad decision and makes us clean again like Jesus Christ (I told them this while I poured bleach into the water bottle). I asked the kids after the water turned clear again if they would like to be baptized when they are 8 years old. Both Annie and Jackson looked at me with an awed face, and said, "No".

1 comment:

HAYHAY said...

Hey... that is a great idea. I'm going to have to use that for the next time it is my turn to teach FHE! That is too cute about them getting baptized and spinner rings. Those little wheels are turning in those heads. It is so fun to see what they come up with.