Saturday, February 9, 2008

Just for fun . . .

When we first brought Rachel home from the hospital we had her in our room with us. However, she is a very loud baby. Especially when she sleeps. I couldn't get any sleep which meant Spencer didn't get any sleep. She was recently banished to the closet. The entire family is getting more sleep and in a much better mood.
Annie and Jackson continue to be way too much help with the baby. It is wonderful to see how much they love her already and want to take care of her.
Real Snow!! It actually snowed! We get a few flurries here and there all the time, but it isn't very often when we get actual inches. I was so excited for the kids to experience it. Their favorite part was just walking around and seeing their foot prints. I only got half of the driveway cleared before they decided it was more cold then fun. I loved it!!
Smiling and happy. Rachel is growing and doing great! She has her occasional bad day and tummy ache, but overall she is a very content and happy baby.
Jackson's latest shiner. I don't know if it is because he is a boy or because he still has a large head, but he hits his large head all the time. I don't know if you can tell the actual size of the bump from this picture, but it was a doozie!

7 comments:

alisa said...

are all of spencer's shirts blue?

Valerie Chandler said...

That closet shot is great.

A blue button-downs the Wal-Mart corporate uniform?

Tori said...

Thanks for posting an update. I love to see how everyone is growing.

The Taylor fam. said...

Yeah snow! It is so much fun - glad you finally got some. I had missed it living in Houston, and we have loved every minute of it here in Colorado :) A baby in a closet, I don't know about that(lol) All parents know you gotta do what you gotta do, right...especially when it comes to sleep!!! Love the updates!

The backgrounds come from the following address, and are super easy to apply. Enjoy!

http://www.matiekay.blogspot.com/

~Julia

maryirene said...

your kids are so adorable!! thanks for keeping us updated. by the way, i think the closet is a great idea! it'll be a fun story to tell rachel later on too. we miss you guys. all our love. the allens

Tori said...

I love the paper, and cool colors on your blog! Way fun.

Conley Family said...

Hi Amanda. I saw your comment on my blog--I will email you with my phone number soon. It has been a long time...

We have slept babies in the closet before too. YOu do what you have to do. Are you going to buy a third crib?