Well, I did it! It seemed more than impossible 6 months ago, but it can be done. I ran in the Kansas City Half Marathon and I LOVED it!! It was so much fun and I will continue to do more half marathons. Besides the fact that it was freezing, it was a GREAT DAY! Here are the kids waiting for me during the race. (Awhile ago we were playing outside and Annie starting running up and down the sidewalk. She told me, "Mom clap for me I am running." I think this means I have made them come to too many of my races.) What can I say, they are my best little supporters!

THE DEAL: You may ask--how did you, Amanda, end up doing this race. Why ask, because if you know me you know that I am not a runner at all. Well about 5 years ago Spencer and I were teasing each other--I wanted him to wear his wedding ring and he wanted me to be a runner. Thinking it would NEVER happen, he told me that the day I ran a half marathon he would wear his wedding ring from then on. Well now we both got what we wanted. He is very
proud of me and we are going to get him a spinner ring--he can play with it without taking it off and loosing it.

THE RUNNERS: Carrie (she is 3 months
prego by the way--you go girl!), me (I finished at 2.22 and my goal was 2.30), Mandy (she was the first one who really convinced me that I could run this thing), Ben (he is just really fast!) Thanks for
stick'n with me girls!!

Yep that is me cheering for myself--I was at mile 12 with 1.1 left to go. I would be ungrateful if I didn't thank the producers of Glee. I listened to the remake of "Don't Stop Believing" for over an hour during the race. It got me up a lot of hills.

It was a lot of fun to run in such a big race--there were 6000 people who ran the half marathon alone. I loved being
surrounded by other people who were reaching their goals and having a great time doing it!
6 comments:
Congratulations Amanda! I was thinking about you guys on Saturday!!! You did GREAT!
way to go!! you are amazing!
Wow Amanda that is fantastic! Great job, I admire your discipline! There is a marathon in Rome in January... just sayin... maybe you guys should visit.
that is so cool! way to meet your goal. that's gotta be such a great feeling.
spencer, you're so funny. i love the deal you two made. you guys are cool.
Wow, you are amazing! I'd like to be able to do that someday. :)
~Heidi
Yay! Great job!
Post a Comment