Monday, January 12, 2009

Traditions I love--More of Salt Lake

Grant's birthday party--bowling for everyone at Fat Cats-Annie and Jackson loved it! We will have to take them again. Grant thanks for having a birthday!
The Torp Christmas Party--it is always so much fun to see everyone!

Making mom's Christmas candy with mom and sisters. Sorry Alisa, Jeanette, and Steph-I don't think I was tons of help this year. But the turtles were excellent.


Fondue on New Years Eve with Grandma Julie and Grandpa Kent. Mont and Kris were suppose to join us, but thanks to the Christmas Flu they didn't make it-we missed you!! Jackson really got into it this year--he wants to do it every week.


The Money Grab $$$$. This is a tradition that Grandma Kris and Grandpa Mont started a long time ago as an incentive to actually set and follow goals. Well-all I can say is that it works. I have kept more goals in the last few years than in my entire life. The person grabbing has 2 second to grab as many coins as they can. The percentage of goals accomplished throughout the year is the percentage of money you actually get to keep. It pays to be a Millerberg-literally. We are training up the kids to bring in some big bucks!!



Stories with Grandpa Mont-Mont read the book "The Monster at the End of the Book" to Spencer when he was a kid. Now Spencer reads it to the twins. Grandpa got to read it to them also while we were staying with him.
Hanging out with Grandpa Baker--
Crazy game idea from Aunt Julie at the Millerberg Christmas Party.This year's game: Cover your face with Vaseline, then dip it in a bowl of cotton balls. The team with the most cotton balls wins--crazy, but a great laugh!

Spencer getting me to freeze my tush off!!! Whether it is snow camping, snow shoeing, or snow skiing-he always manages to get me nice and cold. We thought we would take the opportunity to try some skiing--yes try, this was my first time. I had a blast and I think that I did pretty well--but night skiing, WOW it is cold. I thought I was being a chicken until I got in the car and it said -6. Then I didn't feel so bad.
See my hair in the picture above--look closely it is frozen.
Playing in the snow--so much fun!! We loved all the snow in Salt Lake!


The friends party--Sorry no pictures--it was great to see everyone and be home. We love you all!!

2 comments:

Megan said...

It looks like you guys had such a fun trip for Christmas! I heard the money grab took a long time this year and it is apparent in Kris and Mitch's faces on your first money-grab picture. Another thing I noticed is that Grandpa Mont is reading the story on the kitchen/dining room floor, everything at the Millerberg house seems to happen on that floor! I love all of your pictures, wish we could have seen you.

HAYHAY said...

Hey there Amanda! I found your link on the Relief Society blog. It's fun for me to see pictures of your cute families since I've heard about them! I can tell Annie, Jackson, and Rachel loved to be with them. I hope you're having a great Friday!