Thursday, January 22, 2009

I'm a big kid now--almost

Since we have been home from the Christmas break and we have no travels for a few months I thought this would be a great time to work on the dreaded potty training.  By the way, I am taking tips! So far so good, but I am only a day into the training and Little Mermaid underwear project. Annie had a breakthrough last night and went to the bathroom 4 times, no accidents, the entire afternoon. What sparked this sudden independence was the bag of candy she got to choose from after she went to the bathroom. So of course this morning I took off her diaper and put on her underpants. After she had another success in the toilet and after choosing her treat she went back to use the bathroom again.  When there was no pee left she started a 45 minute tantrum. She wanted to go pee again so she could get another treat. Of course that makes perfect sense to a 2 year old! It is 9 in the morning-can't wait to see how the rest of the day turns out.

6 comments:

Kerilee Law said...

Seriously - I did a scrapbook page about how much I HATED potty training Savannah. I have no tips to offer because I tried everything and it just took time and repetition. Good luck to you, my friend.

Jessica said...

zif you find the secret to potty training I'll let you train Peter when he's older. Hate, hate, hate potty training!

Megan said...

That is hilarious!

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

I said the same thing...in January after the holidays, so we started last week. Things are going great here--knock on wood--and we have used a chart with stickers pulled out from the good old teacher box. But twins... two of my sisters have done it and have no fond memories. Best of luck!!

Tori said...

Ellie has learned how to pee a little bit and then go back and pee again a few minutes later so that she can have two prizes! Those tricky kids!

AJ said...

My mom gave me the tip, and it has worked pretty well for us to reward clean/dry pants. That way its not so much about the act, but about why. And we did/do little treats at a time. Good luck with all of it!