Monday, August 18, 2008

We took the kids to a thornless blackberry farm on Saturday. They loved it and were surprisingly good at picking only the blackberries. Annie stuck with it for over an hour looking for the berries, while Jackson was content to eat some, pick a few, then play with his truck by the van. This will be a summer activity that will be repeated!

While picking blackberries is a lot of fun, it is also very messy--good thing these clothes were already stained.
We were in a small town called Gentry, AR for the day and found some really fun old antique craft stores. This store had a bunch of old trains that Jackson decided were "his trains."  He wouldn't even let us hold the heavy bag after we purchased them.  He had to carry it and hold them for the ride home.
Another crazy thing we did this weekend was attend the local demolition derby.  All I can say is "Wow!"  I was so entertained and I didn't even know what to expect before it started. Basically a bunch of cars get together in this pile of dirt and ram into each other until there is only one car still running. Now of course there are a few heats and then a final derby--for the grand prize of a whopping $3000. Spencer is pretty sure that he will enter next year. Ha ha!  This will also be a repeat event as long as we live in Arkansas!
Nate and Carrie Rigby, Rachel and Jared Drown with Addison, and Spencer and me


3 comments:

Kerilee Law said...

I love demolition derbies but somehow we never made it to the ones in Arkansas. I always put them on the calendar but something else always came up that overruled.

Jessica said...

I had no idea that was what a demotition derby was. I guess it makes sense though! Blackberries sounds fun. I'll have to check and see if they still have them this weekend.

Tracey said...

Hey Amanda!
I just caught your link on Janae's blog and was so excited to see what your up to! Wow, 3 kids, I bet you hear that a lot! The kids are so cute and it looks like you are doing so well! Where do you live now? Tom is in the Navy and we are actually living in Japan right now. It's a fun adventure. I loved the picture of all the babies in your ward, how fun! Now that I've found your blog I'm excited to check in now and again! I hope you are doing well! We have a blog as well:
http://web.me.com/stinch/Site/Blog/Blog.html

Take care!
Tracey (Rowan) Stinchfield