Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Whoever heard of a drive thru zoo?

While Mitch was here we went to the Gentry Drive Thru Safari/Zoo. Many of our friends had recommended it, but I was very skeptical about driving through a 'zoo,' looking for animals. I must admit that it was fabulous and I saw more here then I have ever seen at a regular zoo. We will go back again.
Before the drive through area there is an acre of different petting areas where you can walk around freely with the animals--kangaroos with babies in the pockets, peacocks, goats, sheet, ducks, rabbits, tortoises, and more. This is a baby monkey.  He was so much fun to watch. The only unfortunate part is his name: Dinky



This is a baby tiger that we were able to pet.
Do you see the similarities?
The llamas are not shy and I think we saw about 100 ostriches.




1 comment:

gretchen said...

WOW! A baby tiger? Sounds great.