Saturday, November 24, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

I don't know what the definition of "growing up" is, but it may have something to do with hosting your very own Thanksgiving dinner and cooking your first Turkey. We did it!! Spencer and I cooked our first turkey, had friends over and enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving day. Even though we were far from family we felt at home and enjoyed the company of good friends.
I didn't want to run out of turkey and we of course wanted leftovers so we opted for the 20 pounder! Ironically, it weighed the same amount as Annie does. Thanks mom and dad and their turkey hot line for all the help with cooking the turkey.
I always expected hosting Thanksgiving to be stressful, but it wasn't at all. Thanks to all of Spencer's help and everyone bringing everything--it worked out perfectly. We all got to participate in the fun of cooking dinner, but no one had all the work. (From left to right: the Law family, the Gordons, and the Karlsvens) After dinner we did the usual sit around and continued eating. The kids dumped all the toys out and had a great time playing. Here is Annie wearing someone's shoes and practicing for her modeling career. She is all girl!
Unbelievable as it may seem, I didn't have to send Spencer to the store last minute for anything but Tupperware. I wanted everyone to enjoy the leftovers--and they did!
On the day after Thanksgiving we spent the day getting ready for Christmas. I was in charge of the inside and Spencer and his friend Mike were in charge of the outside. In regards to this picture one of the questions a life insurance agents should ask is "Do you put up your own Christmas lights?"
By chance we even got to see Santa! We went to pick out our tree and he was at the store. I was surprised the kids didn't freak out, but they didn't seem to mind posing for a picture as long as we gave them each a candy cane. The most unenthusiastic person about the situation was the Santa Clause. If Jackson could talk: "They gave me this whole candy cane, suckers!"

8 comments:

Kerilee Law said...

It was way fun - thanks for including us!

Valerie Chandler said...

Annie's hair is growing like crazy! What sweet little blonde those two are...

Tori said...

Very cute! I wish that you would have been here.

Alicia said...

The twins have grown! No surprise to you, of course, but it has been awhile since I've seen them. They're sweet! Sounds like you're having a great time in your new home. It's fun to see you and the Laws in the same picture (has Kerilee told you that she's my cousin? :] ). Merry Christmas! We miss you guys!

The Langstraats

Lant Family said...

How fun to HOST Thanksgiving. I am sure I will be supper stressed when my turn comes around. Your house looks beautiful. This is the first time I have seen some pictures of it. That is funny that your turkey was as big as Annie. My moms Turkey was 20 pounds and my little sister said "oh it is like a little Lucy" We especially thought the picture of Jackson with the candy cane was pretty funny. We laughed about that. Well glad to hear the Thanksgiving feast went well. We need to get your address so we can send you a x-mas card.

rachel said...

I'm impressed with the feast. We went to my in-laws and I made the stuffing (in my opinion the best part of the meal). It is always fun to see pictures of your cute family!

Melanie said...

So cute! Don't you love this time of year? I wish you guys were here...

bonniejean22 said...

that santa picture cracks me up!