Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Northwest Arkansas Craft Fair

Every fall and spring Northwest Arkansas has an enormous craft fair. The fair stretches over about 10 locations and thousands of booths. We chose to attend the War Eagle Mill one because we had heard it was a lot of fun. Spencer, who is usually up for going anywhere and seeing everything wasn't too excited about the Saturday outing. When all was said and done I think that he had more fun then any of us. Here he is dressing up his boy in polk-a-dots.


Fall seems to be the most popular time to take those notorious family pictures with the perfect backgrounds. Here is our attempt, and as you can see it wasn't that successful. If this makes the Christmas card you will know that all of my other attempts failed as well.
The only purchase of the day was a ping pong elastic gun. Needless to say, it was a hit! Spencer and Mike agreed that they should get a commission from the booth who was selling these. Everyone asked where they had purchased them. While Mandy and I shopped and fought the crowds, Mike and Spencer were at war.  If they didn't hit each other, chances were they hit an elderly lady passing by. When the ping pongs missed both of those targets it would hit one of the men sitting on the endless bench of husbands waiting for their wives.
I always love the ride home!


5 comments:

Tori said...

Sounds like fun! Reminds me of the puppets in Florida and how everyone wanted to buy them after they saw spencer "playing" with them.

Jenae said...

What a great fall outing! Looks like you guys have nice weather there!

Jess said...

I think the family picture is my favorite. I love the look on your face! Pretty soon there will be one more to chase around, what it will be like then?!

rachel said...

Your kids are so cute. It is so fun to see what you guys are up to.

Valerie Chandler said...

You got to War eagle? Next year! And how nice to take the whole family-- that Spencer is such a good sport!

Hey, Amanda, I watched episode three and four again today from North and South and felt all grateful to you for that movie. I just LOVE it! It is fast becoming one of my favorites.