I always have a tinge of homesickness during conference weekend. Eating the same breakfast at my parents that I have been eating all my life, seeing family, and sitting on the back porch of the Millerberg's playing with the kids and enjoying the fall weather. This year I thought we could recreate it here in Arkansas. So I pulled out the Baker Family Cookbook and went to work--making mom's famous sausage casserole and cinnamon rolls. We invited friends over to enjoy the feast! We all ate too much, had a wonderful time, and feasted upon the words of conference.
I thought Annie and Jackson would enjoy helping with the cinnamon rolls--and they did! Although I am not convinced it is a good idea to put two one year olds on a table with open jars of flour and sugar.
We thought, "What would be more appropriate then to race these two beauties?"
For the entire red neck racing action (2 full minutes), check out:
7 comments:
infamous means notorious(sp?)- famous for a bad reason -- not the way to describe sausage fondue -- yummy- the race was great entertainment
The casserole is famous for a bad reason--conference coma. Brigham has been looking for a scooter--maybe we need to check out those Arkansas yard sales.
yard sales in my neighborhood are always full of junk and stuffed animals. not fair!
Hilarious race, Amanda! You all have the most fun! I so admire how you open your home to friends and family. You two are never alone, but always blessing others with your cute personalities and love. Great post!
looks like spencer had moved that strip of grass before
spencer you make it look like you win. you dont know how to handle that lawn mower you shift at ther rong time. i am a better driver than you.
I love it! Maybe Chess can bring Uchenna's Hot wheel truck that we found at a yard sell? Hope all is going well with your family.
Post a Comment