Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter


We had a very busy, very fun Easter Weekend--sad to not be near family, but we loved enjoying it with friends. This is Annie and Rachel at the Roger's City Easter Egg Hunt. (Jackson was with Spencer setting up an Easter Egg Hunt at the church.)







Easter Egg dyeing--this year we moved it to the back porch. We also made sure to use only hard boiled this year.



I wasn't surprised to see all the eggs (well most of the eggs) pink and orange. Pink is Annie's favorite color and Orange is Jack's.



Easter baskets--I didn't include a picture but here is how it played out:

Jackson, "Open this candy!"

Annie, "Look mom, the Easter Bunny filled my basket!"

Jackson, "Open this!"

Annie, "Dad, the Easter Bunny brought me tape, candy, shoes, hair clips, Princess Ariel, a bouncy ball, a bunny candy, eggs, . . . and on and on and on."

Jackson, "Open my candy!"

Rachel, "More, more, more!"

Easter Dinner was at a friends home.  Annie and Jackson's favorite part was the fruit salad. We all ate until we couldn't eat anymore.  Then we finished the weekend with one more Easter Egg Hunt. The kids had a great time and now Annie keeps asking me when the Easter Bunny is coming again.


Through all the fun and treats we enjoyed over the weekend, we also spent a lot of time talking about our Savior and his atonement for us. I don't think however they understand it yet.
Dad, "Who was resurrected today?"
Annie, "The Easter Bunny."
Dad, "No."
Annie, "Santa Claus?"
Maybe next year we need to spend a little more time on that one. We are so grateful for our Savior's sacrifice for us and for the knowledge that He lives.

3 comments:

Lant Family said...

Love all the new pictures! Looks like you guys are keeping busy with all the fun. You guys will love the swing set and I am sure your kids will have a blast with it.

Christine said...

You have such a beautiful family-- and they are growing up so fast! I hope you don't mind that I sneak a peek at your blog every once in a while- I love it!

The Wright Fam said...

It looks like you guys had a fun Easter!! I love all the pics, your kiddos are too cute! :-)